Rain forests provide a haven for the largest diversity of plants and animals on Earth. Join experts on location in Puerto Rico and Alaska to:
- Understand the basic ecology and functioning of both tropical and temperate rain forests
- Recognize the value of rain forests and the challenges these ecosystems face due to human impacts
- Be motivated to explore, study, and understand the ecosystems where you live
- Understand that National Forests are public lands, managed for all, with unique challenges
There are a number of ways for classrooms to participate:
- Watch the ELECTRONIC FIELD TRIP, "America's Rain Forests" broadcast on location from rain forests in Puerto Rico and Alaska.
- Tune in to a VIDEO INTRODUCTION about rain forests.
- Explore this WEB SITE for lesson plans and resources for your classroom. Your class will enjoy the CONVERSATION between the boreal toad in Alaska and the coqui frog in Puerto Rico.